Saturday, August 18, 2007

Grunge changed my life... :)



I came across this Alice in Chains video.. man.. it brought back lots and lots of memories... Honestly , i was into KRU before I found Rock Music.. ahahhaa.. laugh all you want , bitches.. I was in Standard 6 that time.. then a good friend , Alex , introduced Kurt Cobain to me... if i remember clearly , it was during the 'Nevermind' period.. i guess that really changed my perception of music.. I was growing up , Grunge was filled with angst and lyrics which anyone can relate to at that age... Eventhough Nirvana started the whole Grunge thing for me , I've never bought a single album from them... instead , I have the whole collection of Soundgarden and Alice in Chains.. This is one song that really got me interested in Alice in Chains.. 'Would?' .. i first listened to it from the Singles soundtrack... that's the best Grunge compilation ever.. ahahha.. here's the playlist for that album... all the Grunge bands you'll ever need..

1. Would? - Alice In Chains
2. Breath - Pearl Jam
3. Seasons - Chris Cornell
4. Dyslexic Heart - Paul Westerberg
5. Battle Of Evermore - The Lovemongers
6. Chloe Dancer / Crown Of Thorns - Mother Love Bone
7. Birth Ritual - Soundgarden
8. State Of Love And Trust - Pearl Jam
9. Overblown - Mudhoney
10. Waiting For Somebody - Paul Westerberg
11. May This Be Love - Jimi Hendrix
12. Nearly Lost You - Screaming Trees
13. Drown - Smashing Pumpkins



From the Grunge days , I moved on to nu-metal (everyone loved nu-metal when it came out... don't try and deny it).. I still love what Deftones did till now.. the early Limp Bizkit was good.. Rage Against the Machine is still good when I listen to it now.. there's also bands which I liked but can't remember what they were good for.. like Korn , (hed)pe , Coal Chamber , Static X ... there's also Novokane from Malaysia.. our very own local talent..





After that , heavier bands started to interest me.. and as time goes by , I found out about Lamb of God , Mastodon , Tool , and the rest is history... I think i'll stick around these genre of music for a while... if it were not for Nirvana , I guess I'll be in one of those boybands singing vocal harmonies crap now.. ahahhaha.. lucky me.. :)

No comments: