I was watching Journeyman episode 2... and at the end , this song played... it sounds so damn familiar.. and catchy.. and nice.. i had to look for it.. after like 15 minutes looking all over... i managed to download the song and decided to post a blog about it..
so because i love the song so much , here's the video...the music video and the live performance... not bad...
Here's wat i got from wikipedia..
"Young Folks" is the first single from Peter Bjorn and John's third album Writer's Block, released in 2006. The single features Victoria Bergsman of The Concretes as a guest vocalist.
Here's how well-used the song is.. this is the list of where the song is being used ..
"Young Folks" has been featured in:
* the Nip/Tuck episode "Dawn Budge II"
* the Las Vegas episode "The Glass Is Always Cleaner"
* the Journeyman episode "Friendly Skies"
* the series premiere of Dirty Sexy Money
* the series premiere of Gossip Girl
* the series premiere of Big Shots
* the Grey's Anatomy episode Let the Angels Commit (also in the Volume 3 soundtrack released September 11th 2007)
* the How I Met Your Mother episode "Monday Night Football", which aired February 5, 2007
* the weather lady's entrance in "Le Grand Journal" on Canal+
* the Stromberg episode "Lulu"
* the German Sat.1 TV series Two Funny as main theme song
* the video was played during MTV's 24 Hours of Human Giant
* the fashion show for Chanel's Spring/Summer 2007 ready-to-wear collection
* the fashion show for Banana Republic's Spring 2007 collection
* MTV Australia's Christmas Throwie campaign, which consisted of throwing 2000 glowing LEDs to light up Sydney buildings
* an advertisement for Sky Movies recent re-launch
* an advertisement for Napster
* an advertisement for Belgium internet provider Telenet
* an advertisement for Portuguese mobile operator Optimus
* an advertisement for the CBS series, "The Big Bang Theory"
* an advertisement, directed by Terri Timely, for Amazon.com
* an advertisement, directed by Jonathan Notaro & Jens Gehlhaar and titled "Band Posters", for AT&T
* an advertisement, directed by Ulf Johansson and titled "Unstoppable", for Budweiser
* three advertisements, directed by Ace Norton and titled "Farm/Les maraîchers", "City", and "Mermaid/Beach", for French supermarket chain Champion
* an in-store advertisement for American Eagle Outfitters
* an Australian advertisement for Californication
* Promotional material for the Great British Beer Festival
* Theme song for the Danmarks Radio (Denmark's national TV-station) series "Chris og Chokoladefabrikken"
* the video game FIFA 08
* Main theme in "Cuestión de sexo", a Spanish series on Cuatro
* Several adverts, and within episodes of Channel 4's Skins
* Part of the "Intro's" round on Never Mind The Buzzcocks (E21S03)
* Parodied on Canadian French-language public broadcaster Radio-Canada Television's end-of-year bash Le Bye-Bye de RBO, December 31, 2007 as "Young Porks", a song about junk food abuse, complete with video
* no wonder the song sounds familiar... :)